Time tracking resources for your business
Free templates and calculators for time management
Time tracking calculators to save time and money, while increasing accuracy in your business.
- TemplateTo do list templatesDownload to do list templates for all types of activities in multiple formats.
- CalculatorHourly rate calculatorFree hourly rate calculator for employees.
- CalculatorCalculate payroll hours
Calculate payroll hours based on timesheets and hours worked.
- CalculatorFree time card calculatorUse our free time card calculator to calculate hours and minutes worked, and submit your timecard to management.
- TemplateFree timesheet templatesFree timesheet templates with weekly and monthly options. Download MS Excel, Google Sheets, Google Docs, PDF, and MS Word formats.
Time statistics and facts
- Time StatisticsAverage working time
Learn how working time has changed through history and across geographies.
- Time statisticsTime tracking statistics
Research on companies and employees that have implemented time tracking, by reading about time tracking statistics.
- Time statisticsAverage hourly ratesAverage hourly rates by consultants and freelancers in 2021. Time and rate data across geography, industry, and skill level.
Time tracking regulations
Understand the laws related to time tracking within your company.
- RegulationsWorking off the clock
Fair labor standards act, federal wage and hourly laws, and how to account for time billed by your workforce working off the clock.
- RegulationsTravel time pay
Learn about the travel time pay laws for the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada.
- RegulationsFair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Learn about the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), including the penalties for non-compliance and how it relates to usage of time tracking software.
- RegulationsEU directive on the organization of working time
Understand what is the EU directive on the organization of working time, also known as the EU time tracking law, how to comply, and details on the laws for individual countries.
- GuideTime clock rules for hourly employeesTime clock issues at work including, buddy punching, time theft and associated labor laws.
- RegulationsCalifornia Overtime LawFind out how the California overtime law works and learn about the legal implications of overtime for both employers and employees.
Guides about time tracking
Learn about time tracking with these guides. Discover how you can encourage your employees to track time at regular intervals, prioritize correctly, and improve productivity.
- GuideWorkaholism factsWhat is workaholism? How to recognize it, health considerations, and solutions to fix it.
- ResourceWork time tracking questions and answersThe most common work time tracking questions we see and the answers we give.
- ResourceTimesheets questions answeredHave a question about employee timesheets? We’ve answered 30 of the most common timesheets questions.
- GuideHow to track working hours
Read how to track working hours, and leverage that to automate the generation of timesheets and time reports.
- GuideTime spent on recurring tasksHow to reduce time spent on repetitive tasks, and how to recognize when this is happening.
- GuideTime clock rounding
Methods for time clock rounding, how to create a time clock rounding policy for your company, and explanations of related laws.
- GuideHow to perform a time audit
Learn how to do a time audit for your company.
- GuideGoal tracking softwareHow to set goals and then track time against them to see projects through to success.
- GuideBenefits of tracking timeThe benefits of tracking time in your company, and why it's essential to track employee time.
- GuideThe complete guide to time tracking
Find everything you need to know in this guide about time tracking.
- GuideSpreadsheet time tracking: how to do it right
Consolidate working hours from employees, freelancers, contractors, and anyone else on your payroll with spreadsheet time tracking.
- GuideA guide to the pomodoro technique
Learn how the Pomodoro technique works and find out how to use it
A collection of the Hubstaff time tracking software products
- SOFTWAREFree time tracking software
Free time tracking software from Hubstaff. Use the number one time tracker on the market to help keep your projects on track.